Cassey Ho, or better known as Blogilates, is an American YouTuber who is also a certified Pilates and Fitness Instructor. Her channel started in 2009 where she shares her workout routines and other health and lifestyle contents. When we talk about Blogilates, one can’t help but think of her bubbly and chatty personality which cheers and draws people in to complete their workout.
A workout video with her creates an environment where it seems like you are doing it with her as if she would be talking to you as a friend, telling stories or experiences, being genuine about her struggles. Helping you to love yourself, even the weak side of you (rare phenomenon)! In January, over the lockdown, I gave her 21-Day Tone Challenge a whirl, so find out what happened in Blogilates: 21-Day Tone Challenge — My Experience (Pros & Cons)!
Cassey’s popularity has grown tremendously, over the COVID-19 pandemic period, with many people sharing their experiences and results after completing Blogilates challenges and videos. I was curious to find out if they really bring the results claimed by others, so I completed each day’s video, for 21 minutes, along with having a healthy diet (there are instructions).
- In terms of non-visible improvements, my body definitely became stronger, especially towards the last few days of the challenge, the workouts were more easily achievable
- I saw visible changes within my body. This may vary between each individual due to our genetic makeup, however, personally I had a more toned look, particularly in my core, in short, a flatter stomach.
- As opposed to what I assumed, I genuinely felt less tired and fatigued, instead I felt quite energised each day after completing the workout.
- I saw an improvement in my moods as I felt more positive more often and less under the weather (especially noticeable as it was during a winter month). Not only did working out help to lift moods, Cassey would also encourage and spread positivity to her viewers whilst exercising.
- It was easy to follow, particularly because she would show modifications for those who are new so that when we are doing the workouts, we are not compromising bodily form that could lead to potential injuries.
- I appreciated the structure of the video as she would introduce the moves beforehand so we are prepared, and we could also see the timer to know how far we are progressing into each move.
- There is a range of videos being used as part of the challenge, so you wouldn’t get bored with the routine.
- For those who are total newbies, it might seem extremely challenging to complete a video each day. It definitely challenges your body’s limits.
- Usually her videos require no equipment, however for this one you would need a few bits of equipment such as resistance bands and dumbbells.
Cassey emphasises more on the importance of working out to achieve an overall healthy lifestyle and body image as opposed to just having a ‘perfect’ body. Overall, I would highly recommend Blogilates’ workouts because not only do they help improve your physical body, they also greatly boost your general wellbeing.
There are a wide range of workouts currently released on her channel which address several different needs and levels of fitness. For her it is evident that fitness is an ongoing endeavour, as she constantly comes up with new challenges for us to try together. Why not try one of her workouts or challenges? Let us know which ones you try in the comments below, and join in the conversation on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram!