One of the most incredible things that’s not talked often enough about is the breath. Think about it, medical experts agree that you can go without food for 30-60 days, you can go without water for 3 days, but you can only survive for 3-4 mins without breath.
If breath is so important, and so deeply personal to the very existence of each and every one of us, why do we know so little about it? Keeping things simple, I’m just going to outline 3 things you should know about what the breath actually is and then, more importantly, how you can begin to maximise your benefits by understanding and using it in a specific way.
Now, follow on for 3 unique insights you should know and a simple, potentially life-changing breathing technique you can try, today!
Prefer listening? Hear the audio version on Joanne Mallon’s Podcast: 5 Minutes to Change Your Life.
Now you can gain deep levels of relaxation, to directly counter the modern maladies of stress, anxiety, depression, and even destructive addictions, so you can develop physical and mental poise, peace of mind, focus and heightened states of joy, integration and happiness. Believe it or not, these things are your very birthright.
- Insight 1: Air is not merely oxygen. It is actually light, electricity and magnetism.
- Insight 2: The stuff you breathe, that’s all around us, contains a ‘hidden’ vast, endless supply of superfine, electro-magnetic particles inside it, and that’s the true source of health, intelligence, wisdom and power.
- Insight 3: You can draw and distil this electromagnetic energy current into yourself, via your nostrils to benefit and optimize your own body, mind, energy and emotions.
Since this energy is ‘liquid’ and dynamic, it can reach the parts of your body, (bones, organs, including the senses, muscles, joints etc) as well as dimensions of emotion and mind where doctors and prescription medications simply cannot.
In a Short Breath Study We Carried out We Found that:
- Over 65% of participants experienced improvements in mental and physical energy, focus (ability to concentrate), clarity, improved sleep, moods and emotions, and even, digestion and stomach disorders.
It Doesn’t Matter if You Don’t Fully Understand this all Yet, Just Try it, it Works!
So, now it’s time to follow (what flows through) your nose…
- First, assume a comfortable posture with your back straight; ie. either sitting cross-legged on your bed, or on a chair, or on a yoga mat, or rug on the floor.
- Now close your eyes, and mouth.
- Now with your right thumb block your right nostril and breathe 12 times, in and out fairly vigorously through your left nostril, as if you’re giving yourself marching orders with a rhythm and a cadence: like this: 1–2–3–4! 1-2-3-4! 1-2-3-4!
- The rhythm really helps, as after a few tries, you’ll easily be able to focus more on what you experience rather than counting.
- Do this 4 times, so that you breathe 48 times. This takes about 20 seconds.
- Now do the same on the right side. Use your right index finger to block your left nostril and breathe 12 times, and do this in sets of 4, so, 48 as you did before.
- At this point, pay close attention to your mind which you may notice is very quiet and easy to control. You may also notice that your emotional energy and thoughts are also easily directed and easy to change from negative to positive.
If you feel you are becoming somewhat ‘detached’ (or ‘anaesthetized’) from your body, do not worry, this is normal and expected. NOW just enjoy the sensations of peace, calm, relaxation, and relief from worry, anxiety and stress and know that a higher power is going to work to optimise your health on your behalf. Repeat twice a day or as often as you can grab 5 minutes of me time!
If you’re interested to quickly learn to access your own breath for healing within just minutes, check out our book “Breath Magic” on Amazon!