The Coronavirus impacted life significantly. Moving is never easy but it’s been even more difficult during the global pandemic. If you absolutely have to move, there must be several questions popping into your mind, the most prevalent being: are moving businesses still active during a pandemic?
To make the process of moving during a pandemic as easy as possible, we’ve included some of the most relevant things to bear in mind in 4 Key Moving Guidelines During COVID-19!
1. Moving Guidelines During COVID-19
You should follow these tips to ensure that you are safe during the pandemic:
- You should have all the information related to moving and COVID, for instance; the virus can survive for up to 24 hours on cardboard packaging.
- Before you move in, make sure your new house has been completely cleaned and sanitized. This entails cleaning kitchen sinks, faucets, and doorknobs.
- You should also properly dispose of your packing supplies and cleanse the floors of your new house.
- The COVID-19 virus is primarily transmitted through physical contact. You should refrain from shaking hands with the movers and among yourselves.
- You should also wash your hands for a few minutes after touching a potentially contaminated surface. Wearing a face mask made of cotton can also help stop the infection from spreading.
- Check to see if your moving firm is aware of the coronavirus danger, if you have hired one.
- Find out if your movers are hand-sanitizing. Ensure they are adhering to all COVID safety protocols before handling your belongings.
2. Social Distancing During the Move
Maintaining a safe distance between you, the movers, and your new neighbors is crucial during a move. A good general rule of thumb is to maintain a distance of at least six feet.
COVID-19 is a very contagious virus. You should be aware that it can spread through saliva, snot, or mouth droplets as well as through blood and other bodily fluids like sputum. By following the rules, you will reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 best. Don’t assist your movers unless it is necessary.
To keep you safe, the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO) have some hints and tips. Some of them are obvious, like wearing a face covering and keeping your hands away from your face. Another less obvious recommendation is to wear a visor.
3. Wearing Masks and Gloves
Wearing gloves and a mask while moving is the most important safety measure. Wearing protective clothing is a good idea, and this is crucial when the coronavirus is active in the environment. Make sure to wipe your cloth mask after each use. Make sure to keep a hand sanitizer close and use it regularly. Provide it to your movers upon request. It’s also a good idea to keep paper towels and soap on hand for when the movers show up.
4. Sanitizing the Moving and Storage Boxes
Your storage and moving boxes need to be sanitized. This is one of the better ways to avoid catching the virus and it can be done in minutes. You can use disinfectant wipes to clean your storage and moving boxes. Bacteria, viruses, and other germs can all be eliminated by the disinfectant. Before using the disinfectant, it’s vital to read the directions on the bottle. You can determine how long it will work by reading the information given on it.
Verify that your movers have masks and hand sanitizers before they start working. They ought to be donning slip-on booties as well. Before the movers load your items on the truck, make sure the moving truck has been well-cleaned. The moving company should also clean high-touch areas like doorknobs.
Follow the CDC’s guidelines for safe relocating if you’re moving during a coronavirus outbreak or similar. These include routinely washing your hands, donning a mask, and avoiding exchanging food. If you are unwell, you should put off the transfer until you feel better. Additionally, if you exhibit any COVID-19 viral signs, inform the moving firm and see a medical specialist. You should postpone your move if you suffer from issues like respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses.
A reputable moving business like Safebound Moving & Storage is fully aware of COVID-19 safety protocols and will take precautions to reduce danger. They might also implement additional safeguards for the safety of their employees. You should be sure to let your moving company know about any household pets, kids, and other family members who have recently received a flu vaccine, shot or jab.
Get a Free Quote!
If you have planned to move to your new home, across the state or country, contact Safebound Moving & Storage and get a free quote now. We make sure that your move is stress-free and smooth by taking care of everything from the beginning to the end.
Are you considering moving right now? How do you handle the stress of it? Let us know in the comments below, and join in the conversation on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram! Here’s how to handle stress: feel and express gratitude…find out how!