Model: Sole F63
- Bestselling Sole machine for several years’ running (no pun intended!) represents exceptional value.
- Manufactured with excellent quality parts and has such features as advanced cushioning, a larger than average running area and powerful motor.
- Stable machine and surprisingly quiet operation.
- Outstanding track system considering it’s a folding, conveniently portable design making transportation easy enough.
- Equipped with built-in console fan and sound system for extended exercising, wireless heart rate chest strap included.
- Robust and rugged good looks.
- Some may find it a little awkward to use the handgrips and console controls when at an incline position.
- Seriously, there’s nothing much for us to complain about at this price point!
The F63 treadmill has been reviewed as “Simply the best quality treadmill in its price range” by numerous consumer resources and magazines. Sole has earned the reputation of building quality treadmills using the best components, the F63 holds true to this even at a lower price.
We’re pleased to say that the build on this machine comes as a refreshing surprise.
You see, Sole treadmills feature bullet proof frames and an epoxy powder coated paint finish which protects the all-steel construction. The frame is precision welded (not bolted) which is important when designing a treadmill. The robustness of a product starts with a tough frame, making it able to handle multiple users of various sizes, shapes and weights. This results in a frame which is virtually indestructible hence carrying a lifetime warranty. Its unique ‘horseshoe’ design ensures stable-footed support for you. Sole has done much to overcome the main complaint about folding treadmills, being chiefly the ‘wobble factor’.
The entire machine weighs 253lb (115kg) which in itself instils a lot of confidence in the solid components used and it’s able to sustain a maximum user weight of 325lb (147kg).
If that wasn’t enough, that confidence translates into a substantial warranty as well, including a lifetime on the motor, parts and a year’s labour.
The F63 treadmill’s dimensions are H: 57″ (144cm) x W: 35″ (89cm) x D: 83″ (210cm).
Features & Benefits
The track has a larger than normal surface area 60″ (152cm) long by 20″ (51cm) wide and can incline up to 15%. Speed ranges from 0.5mph to 12 mph.
There are six standard programs for:
- Strength: Helps to increase muscular strength in the lower body while encouraging the user to sustain it. This process will strengthen and tone your legs and glutes.
- Hill: The resistance on this treadmill allows you to alter the incline in a controlled, steady way.
- Heart rate: Depending on your incline and/or intensity of workout; this keeps you informed of your ongoing heart rate.
- Cardio: Helps to increase your cardiovascular capacity and endurance as it aids the strengthening of your heart muscle, while increasing blood flow and lung capacity.
- Interval training: Able to handle different intensities with the incline and speed to help double the effectiveness of your workout.
- Fat burn: Maximizes the burning of fat, consistency even at lower resistance levels is effective.
It has a decently sized (6.5″) nice blue back lit LCD workout display featuring detailed workout info like; time, speed, distance, calories burned and heart rate – this definitely makes the training process more engaging and ultimately, more rewarding.
We found this machine to be reliable and solid while sharing many characteristics with commercial grade gym equipment. Thanks to its 3.0 CHP motor, it’s ideal for walking, jogging and some running. Big, bold, easy to use, you can’t really go wrong with this.
The safe technology (CushionFlex) used also helps to reduce joint impact by up to 40% while you run, this makes it a far more sensible way to train than pounding out on the asphalt, and you can really feel the difference. Have a go and try it out for yourself if you get a chance.
It doesn’t surprise us that this is actually one of the bestselling treadmills on the market. It’s a solid choice that ticks the boxes for all but the most discerning of users. Most owners are very happy with this overall package and have complimented the F63 for its reasonable price and high quality design. In some instances it has been compared to the Livestrong 10.0T with the F63 coming more than marginally out on top.
Overall, the F63 is a fine treadmill designed with lots of useful features sitting at a very reasonable price bracket, so lots of bang for your buck here!
An interesting comment came to our attention from the athlete ‘Viscocccer’ (from Sears.com) who in the market for a suitable cardio machine (to keep up training in intolerable weather) claims that this machine is ideal during winter. He chose the F63 to continue his cardio training indoors and reports enjoying the workouts as much as he did outdoors playing soccer! Others have reported similar satisfying experiences and results training and living with their F63.
True, this may not be the most sophisticated machine out there, but it doesn’t need to be; it does what it says on the box, and in excellent fashion. If you want a solid combination of build, performance and features without unduly lightening your wallet or purse, consider your search over! Find out more about treadmills on talkforfitness!